1. Separation is not divorce. Jada and Will separated for a time only to come back together.
2. Almost all marriages go through a season where the couple feels like giving up on each other. Some end completely, others like for Jada and Smith emerge stronger.
3. Come to the table to talk and hear each other. As a couple don’t be afraid to have difficult conversations.
4. Most extra-marital connections happen because of the desire to feel good. After Jada and Smith separated indefinitely, Jada turned to August Alsina to feel good but feelings don’t last. Jada went back to Will, the one man who has stood with her through the years.
5. Who you connect with during separation can actually respect your marriage that is in uncertainty. August Alsina was the one who blocked Jada upon realizing she is not yet done with Will. He did not take advantage of Jada’s vulnerability. If you are building something with someone who is not done with their marriage, are you honourable and respectful enough to be the one who ends it like August Alsina?
6. Any marriage can survive and thrive after a shake up or near death of love experience if the two work at it together.
7. Healing takes time. Jada and Will are laughing and talking about this incident that happened more than four years ago because they have put in the work to heal individually and as a couple.
8. If you don’t have fulfillment as an individual you will not find fulfillment in marriage. Jada said when she learnt to be happy by herself that was when she found happiness in marriage.