'Kari’s Kitchen' Claims She Incurred A Ksh300,000 Loss After Procuring Food For Sauti Sol's Canceled Event
The fallout over the cancellation of Sauti Sol’s Saturday’ event seems to be worsening after one of the food vendors posted a video on YouTube accusing the award-winning band of arrogance.
Via her YouTube channel, the proprietor of Kari’s Kitchen claimed that she incurred a Ksh300,000 loss after procuring food for the event, which was called off last-minute. She also disputed the explanation the group offered for calling off the event, saying it had nothing to do with Covid-19 but their dissatisfaction with the stage setup.
In the 16-minute post, Kari’s Kitchen said they and other vendors had suffered huge losses due to the cancellation of event.
“… the organisers tried to negotiate with these guys till 3 or 4 in the morning because nobody could sleep. How do you even sleep without knowing the fate of the concert? It was so much disrespect. How dare you at 9pm start threatening people that you will not be performing! In the morning, three hours to the event, you post saying you will not perform due to Covid. Lying to people… people had spent money to come to see you and then you cancel at the eleventh hour…if you could have said this like on Wednesday it could have been better.”
They were invited for a walkthrough on the stage and the setup on Tuesday but they did not show up. Friday is when they are coming and saying we don’t like this,” said Kari’s Kitchen.
Last Saturday, Sauti Sol upset their fans after cancelling their concert, saying they had been informed that the event size would not meet the set Covid-19 protocols and regulations, and efforts to find a solution with the promoters had been unsuccessful.
The band said that with the current increase in infections and deaths, they could “not in clear conscience endanger the lives of fellow Kenyans”.