Student Dies, 5 Others Go Blind After Drinking Hand Sanitizer In Turkana

Student Dies, 5 Others Go Blind After Drinking Hand Sanitizer In Turkana

Mon, 22nd Feb - A Form Four student at Kaputir Mixed Secondary School in Turkana South died on Saturday after allegedly drinking a hand sanitiser.

Five other students reportedly became visually impaired after drinking the liquid applied to the hands for the purpose of removing common pathogens (disease-causing organisms).

The six students are aged between 16 and 17 years.

The product rich in alcohol became popular with the outbreak of Coronavirus in the country in March last year.

Speaking to K24 TV, one of the students, who aspires to become a medical doctor, expressed his fears that “my stupidity” could shatter the dreams.